Microsoft SharePoint is a technology that enables organizations and business units of all sizes to improve team productivity and to increase the efficiency of business processes. SharePoint 2013/2016 gives you a powerful toolset for organizing content, managing documents, sharing knowledge, providing robust collaboration environments, and finding information and people. The social functionality in SharePoint 2013/2016 allows you and your colleagues to build communities, share thoughts and ideas, and to discover resources and knowledge in your organization. Below are the top benefits of SharePoint 2013/2016 among others.
– SHAREPOINT 2013/2016 AS ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
SharePoint 2013/2016 as an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) enable business organizations to manage the storage of documents in a way that facilitates convenient retrieval of a particular document when needed and ensure security and safety of documents with the dual objectives of preventing unauthorized access to documents and allowing recovery from physical damage or loss of documents.
BENEFITS OF SHAREPOINT AS ELECTRONIC DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
– Improve team productivity with easy-to-use collaborative tools: Connect people with the information and resources they need. Users can create team workspaces, coordinate calendars, organize documents, and receive important notifications and updates through communication features including announcements and alerts, as well as the new templates for creating blogs and wikis. While mobile, users can take advantage of convenient offline synchronization capabilities.
– Convenient & quick retrieval of documents: Documents are stored with the objective of retrieving them later whenever needed. These needs can be transactional, research, legal, or similar. SharePoint provides check-in/check-out functionality, version history, custom metadata, and customizable views retrieving a particular document from the typically large volume of business documents. Convenient and quick retrieval is one of the key objectives of having SharePoint 2013 as an electronic document management system in your business organization.
– Improving workflow: Business processes typically involve movement of documents from the company to third parties, from department to department inside the company, and from person to person in a department. Several persons with different roles (such as creation, review, approval, and dispatch) will have to reference the document before it completes its intended purpose. SharePoint 2013 tremendously enhance the movement of documents and significantly speed up business processes.
– Document security: Maintaining documents becomes absolutely necessary to meet many different requirements. Documents can contain business secrets and other confidential data, such as product formulas or employees’ personal details. If unauthorized persons gain access to these documents, it can lead to business damage or legal damages. SharePoint 2013 ensures that only authorized persons can access particular documents at a particular time.
– Version Control: Where different versions of a document need to be maintained (as in the case of product specifications) it’s essential to clearly identify the latest version, including the sequence of all the different versions in existence. SharePoint 2013 eliminate the chaos that can otherwise result when attempting to locate a particular version.
– Regulatory Compliance: The benefit here is one of avoiding trouble, which can be serious enough to shut down the business. Government regulations require maintenance of different kinds of data and documents, and the requirements are often very complex. SharePoint 2013 help ensure compliance with the rules, using such means as checklists, standard forms, and automatic organization.
– Improved disaster recovery: SharePoint 2013 contains business critical documents and has its own disaster recovery plan that allows the documents to be restored in the event of significant disruption or disaster for the business.
– Cost reduction: Managing the huge volume of documents generated in the course of business is expensive. In a paper-based system, paper, ink, file folders, filing cabinets, filing staff, and other requirements cost a lot of money. SharePoint 2013 as Electronic document management system reduce these costs by meeting all document-related requirements (outlined above) in a well-planned manne
Tel: 08075090836, 08064259338
Electronic Document Management Solution
Process Automation Solution
School Management Application
Hospital Management Application